8.10.2009

WEEKEND

Saturday and Sunday, these 2 days comprise the weekend/

The other 5 are work-week days, and they just leave us weakened/

Thats 40 hours plus of labor to get 16 for some freedom/

Disproportioned living life, 3 fifths of which were pleading/

"I dont want to go to work today, I just want to sleep in"/

But miss too many days of work and lose the home you sleep in/

Whose the one to speak in tones that we can all believe in?/

The only way to beat the system is if we all start leaving/

as infants teething, we know no better, we just need some teaching/

they say nothin in life is free, well we need some free things/

like healthcare, education, time,/ food, and shelter/ peace of mind/

whose afraid of choosing crime when jobs are gone - I'm losing mine/

because I write my mind/ but reading rates are way behind/

and we cant see the signs, were blind to what is in my rhyme/




No comments:

Post a Comment